[j-nsp] Juniper vs Arista

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Aug 14 02:20:59 EDT 2018

On 14/Aug/18 03:41, Jared Mauch wrote:

> Personally I really like Arista but also like JunOS based on my use case.

What we can be certain of is that the small companies become big
successful ones, grow, and then have to sacrifice a bit of their earlier
principles to maintain the new lifestyle. So it would not surprise me if
Arista decide to fork the code depending on what happens with their
product lines in the future. To be honest, I've learned that it's not
worth trying to tie them down to this; they are running a business after
all.

Your best defence is to understand the platform, and understand the
vendor's behaviours.

> I believe there’s also arista-nsp on here..

Is there?

I checked last year and couldn't find anything. Do you have a link?

Mark.