[j-nsp] SRX RA client

Nathan Ward juniper-nsp at daork.net
Wed Aug 15 06:36:15 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Anyone know how to make an SRX (SRX300, branch thing), accept default routes from an IPv6 RA?

I can’t for the life of me figure it out, and am having to add a static route towards the BNG I’m attached to - which doesn’t work if it moves to a different BNG or what not.

Pretty sure the BNG config is fine - it’s got many happy IPv6 users on different CPEs - just can’t get an SRX to play nicely.

I think I remember having this problem before on an SRX240H maybe, but, I can’t recall how (and if) I fixed it.

Google is full of people telling you how to get the BNG or CMTS address from neighbors, and create a static default - not ideal…!

--
Nathan Ward