[j-nsp] Juniper vs Arista

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 15 14:05:25 EDT 2018

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 20:34, Andrey Kostin <ankost at podolsk.ru> wrote:

> Pavel Lunin писал 14.08.2018 05:06:
> >>

> > Not sure, but from the first glance it doesn't look like they've
> > gained
> > more than they've lost with the JunosE to JUNOS BNG migration.
>
> I didn't miss JunosE any single day after we finished migration to MX.
> MX platform is not ideal and has it's own quirks but I doubt that ideal
> BNG exists.

I think Pavel's comment was less about technical merits or any
objective product quality, and more about how people react to change.
If you are comfortable with ScreenOS, you keep recommending it to your
customers, if it disappears from market, you don't consider just SRX,
you consider whole market and then stick on that platform.

--
  ++ytti