[j-nsp] 40G QSFP problems on QFX5100 after 16.1R6

Jason Healy jhealy at logn.net
Wed Aug 22 06:21:13 EDT 2018

On Aug 22, 2018, at 4:52 AM, Sebastian Wiesinger <sebastian at karotte.org> wrote:

> apparently there is now a PR for this: PR1309613

I realize you may not have the answers, but if you do...

1) Does this affect platforms other than the QFX?

2) Were you seeing the CRC count increase in all cases of traffic loss?

3) Was there any pattern to the traffic loss (e.g., every X seconds, certain types of traffic, certain percentage of all traffic)?

I ask because we have a setup right now with a EX4600 VC going to a QFX5100 via 40Gb DWDM fiber.  Client devices are seeing "pauses" in traffic with ICMP loss or severe delay.

However, there are no CRC errors reported on either switch as mentioned in the PR.  Also, we've only observed serious loss over WiFi clients so there are still plenty of possible culprits.

This is our only EX4600 stack, and our first 40Gb optics, so we don't have a similar working setup elsewhere that's known to be good.

Thanks,

Jason