[j-nsp] IPAM like tool/DB for managing communities

Gustav Ulander gustav.ulander at telecomputing.se
Mon Dec 17 10:33:48 EST 2018

Hello there,

Same issue with PHPIPAM.
RDs are the unique identifier and always mapping towards the VRF name.  You can add custom fields to VRFs where you can place your RTs.
If you are running a unique RD per PE the VRF is configured in then the RD is not that important anyway it’s the RTs that important.
We run the above setup and just do a fake RD per VRF since its always changing depending on the PE you look at.
Of course if you really want to do it properly you would probably want to note every PEs instance of each VRF together with the RTs to document it properly.

//Gustav