[j-nsp] Silly command?

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Wed Dec 19 09:49:50 EST 2018

On Thu Dec 13, 2018 at 10:41:49AM -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> Oh yeah, that of course makes sense... I didn't think of checking that.
> On an MX204, the "power-on" option has no additional completions, so
> probably just errors out. I already boxed up the new MX204, and I'm not
> going to test it out on an in-service MX204 :).

Given I just racked an MX204 in the lab, I thought I'd give it a try...

simon.lockhart at cr-01.lab.cc> request vmhost power-off
Power-off the vmhost ? [yes,no] (no) yes
[snip]
ACPI: Preparing to enter system sleep state S5
Power down.

... at which point there's no sign of life on the front of the MX204, and the
fans were running at full speed (I could hear them before I walked into the
lab).

Seems the only way to recover from that was to power cycle the box.

Simon