[j-nsp] About Secure Transport for RPKI on JUNOS

Pyxis LX pyxislx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 08:40:57 EST 2018

Hi, Gert.

I'm not sure I agree with your opinion about SSH.
IMHO if a KEX/MAC/Cipher algorithm that is generally considered insecure by
the security community, it might not be a good idea to keep using it:)

And please don't get me wrong, TCP-AO is totally fine with rpki-rtr since
it provides integrity.
Integrity provided by either SSHv2 tunnel or TLS, TCP-AO, ...etc. is
mandatory when using external rpki-rtr servers or renting a pseudo leased
line from other carriers that you might not have 100% trust.

Regards,

Pyxis.