[j-nsp] How is SLAX "version" statement internally used?

Ola Thoresen ola at nytt.no
Thu Feb 1 08:49:41 EST 2018

On 01. feb. 2018 14:04, Martin T wrote:

> Hi!
>
> "version" statement in SLAX script is mandatory and argument for
> version statement has to be either 1.0 or 1.1. Based on my testing,
> 1.2 works as well for example in Junos 16.1R2.11. However, is there
> any difference between "version 1.0" and "version 1.1"? For example,
> in Junos 16.1R2.11 one could define "version 1.0" and still use
> functionality introduced in SLAX 1.1 like mutable variables or for
> loops. How is "version" statement used by cscript/mgd?

I can not say with 100% certainity, but I guess the point is the other
way around.
If you set "Version 1.1", you basically tell other people that "Do not
expect this to work on earlier versions than 1.1".

But my guess is that it is not "enforced" by the scripting engine, so
the script _might_ work.  You as a script writer just can not guarantee it.

/Ola (T)