[j-nsp] Single RE-S-X6-64G with "error: Unrecognized command (chassis-control)"

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Tue Feb 13 15:10:28 EST 2018

Since you create an Olive from an M/MX/T release, you know that Junos declares itself an "Olive" if it doesn't recognise a Juniper hardware it knows (well, except for vMX/vSRX/vRR/vWhatever, even if there was a bug in older releases where it nevertheless showed Olive).

Additionally, RE-S-X6-64G IS a virtualised environnement, where Junos runs inside a VM on a Linux host.
Reference:
https://kb.juniper.net/resources/sites/CUSTOMERSERVICE/content/live/TECHNOTES/0/TN303/en_US/NextGenRoutingEngine_Tech_Intro.pdf <https://kb.juniper.net/resources/sites/CUSTOMERSERVICE/content/live/TECHNOTES/0/TN303/en_US/NextGenRoutingEngine_Tech_Intro.pdf>

The fact is that 15.1R has no support for this config.