[j-nsp] EX4550 15.1 VLAN Translation

Jed Laundry jlaundry at jlaundry.com
Mon Feb 19 17:05:05 EST 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade my EX4550's to 15.1R6-S2, and having trouble
with VLAN translation.

On 12.3R12.4, I have a number of translations configured as such:

    interfaces {
        ae0 {
            unit 0 {
                family ethernet-switching;
            }
        }
    }

    vlans {
        vlan-lan {
            vlan-id 100;
            interface {
                ae0.0 {
                    mapping {
                        200 {
                            swap;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

Following the documentation at
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/qinq-tunneling-ex-series-cli-els.html,
the following should work:

    interfaces {
        ae0 {
            unit 0 {
                vlan-tagging;
                encapsulation extended-vlan-bridge;
                unit 100 {
                    vlan-id 200;
                    input-vlan-map swap;
                    output-vlan-map swap;
                }
            }
        }
    }

    vlans {
        vlan-lan {
            vlan-id 100;
            interface {
                ae0.100;
            }
        }
    }

However:

- The EX4550 rejects 'encapsulation extended-vlan-bridge'.
- Without it, the commit fails with error: Interface ae0.100 not
enabled for switching
- If I try to add ae0.0 family ethernet-switching, I get: Warning: An
interface cannot have both family ethernet-switching and vlan-tagging
configured
- Also, the documentation says to use flexible-vlan-tagging and
native-vlan-id, but neither are available on the EX4550 - thankfully
not needed for my config.

Does anyone have a working translation config?

Thanks,
Jed.