[j-nsp] Understanding limitations of various MX104 bundles

Josh Baird joshbaird at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 13:34:20 EST 2018

Hi all,

Given the MX104-MX5-AC bundle which comes with 1 20x 1GE MIC pre-installed
(and none of the onboard 10Gbps interfaces enabled), is this box actually
limited to 20Gbps overall throughput?

Can I install another MIC (say the MIC-3D-2XGE-XFP) in an additional slot
to gain 2 10Gbps interfaces without purchasing any additional licensing?
If I do this, is overall throughput of the chassis still locked to 20Gbps
(due to the original bundle)?

I can't find anything (ie "show system license") that states there is an
overall capacity restriction, but I'm hearing mixed things from various
sources.

Thanks.