[j-nsp] Meltdown and Spectre

Daniel Suchy danny at danysek.cz
Sat Jan 6 06:25:59 EST 2018

Hello,
Cisco&Juniper has official advisory for that...

https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20180104-cpusidechannel

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=JSA10842&cat=SIRT_1&actp=LIST

In general, if you have properly protected control plane of your device
(see RFC 6192 for recomendations), there's no reason for panic. You must
wait for vendor's updates... and it's complex issue, there's no simple
fix (current fixes available in Linux for example aren't covering all
CVEs yet).

With regards,
Daniel