[j-nsp] [c-nsp] Meltdown and Spectre

Sebastian Becker sb at lab.dtag.de
Mon Jan 8 11:16:01 EST 2018

The password will not be seen on the box itself so no problem. The users are tacacs+ authorized/authenticated.
Most scenarios are much easier to accomplish by using the already granted rights on the boxes per user then using these kinds of attack vectors opened by Meltdown and Spectre.

Our boxes simply do not run other code than that what is delivered by the vendors.

—
Sebastian Becker
sb at lab.dtag.de