[j-nsp] ssh-key issue / MX 16.1R5

Theo Voss mail at theo-voss.de
Tue Jan 30 06:06:23 EST 2018

Hi all,

we're facing a weird ssh-key issue on MX platform running 16.1R5. When configuring users with ssh-key authentication the key based login initially works perfectly. But after a random timeframe password authentication is required upon login. I've checked the PR database for "ssh" and "key" keywords without result for our version/platform combination. If we commit "set system services ssh no-public-keys" and rollback, it works again for a limited timeframe. As the affected device has no support I'm unable to open a case.

Has anybody seen this behavior before?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Theo Voss