[j-nsp] ssh-key issue / MX 16.1R5

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jan 30 06:16:38 EST 2018

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 11:12:09AM +0000, Bjørn Skovlund wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Theo Voss <mail at theo-voss.de> wrote:
>
> > Has anybody seen this behavior before?
>
> Seen the same on 15.1X53-D57 for EX-3400. Reverted to D56 as we didn't have
> anything critically needed in D57, nor the time to chase down JTAC for it.

On D57, JTAC says "this is a known bug", and the reason why it's failing
is that the permissions of $HOME/.ssh or .ssh/authorized_keys are wrong.

...and they are only wrong if you set up the key *on D57*.  If you have
this all in place with D56, SSH key auth works flawlessly on D57...

I haven't investigated which file or directory exactly is owned by root
instead of $USER, but colleague chown()'ed things manually from the
shell and SSH key auth started working right after.

gert

--
now what should I write here...