[j-nsp] SRX 550 BGP Flapping

Alexander Arseniev arseniev at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 30 12:28:53 EST 2018

Hello,

BGP KA size is 19 bytes without authentication, circa 39 with. Plus IP
overhead, plus Ethernet OVH - still below 100 B.

SRX reth default MTU is 1500B.

Are You sure that checking & setting MTU helps to fix BGP holdtime expiry?

I would bet that either SRX550 reth interface is saturated, or SRX550
CPU is busy.

HTH

Thx
Alex