[j-nsp] QFX5100 vs ACX5048

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Jul 2 00:44:59 EDT 2018

Not sure what Alexandre is talking about with "vlan leak"

I have bought lots of ACX5048 (about 50 of them) and use them as MPLS PE edge... For business Ethernet, cell backhaul, residential broadband, ftth, DSL, cable modem... Mpls l3vpn.  Lit up some of the 40 gig interfaces lately too.... Very nice.

We have the newer ACX5448 in the lab but haven't tested with it yet. (48) 1/10 gig and (4) multi speed 10/25/40/100gig

I understand difference with ACX5048 and QFX5100 is that ACX has mpls edge stuff, and QFX has data center virtual chassis stuff.  (I don't know all the details, but one is for metro-e mpls agg and the other is for DC)

Aaron