[j-nsp] EX4200/EX4550 VLAN translation

Mike Williams mike.williams at comodo.com
Fri Jul 6 09:50:56 EDT 2018

Hey all,

So this is a new thing, to us at least.
We've got a need to transport some VLANs across a switch, without the
intermediary seeing them, and we're confused.
I was hoping someone could show us the light.

We have 3 EX VCs
VC1 2xEX4200
VC2 2xEX4200+2xEX4550
VC3 2xEX4550
where VC1 is connected to the EX4200s of VC2, and the EX4550s of VC2 are
connected to VC3.
VC2 to VC3 is already carrying tagged VLANs.
We need to get VLANs 128-137 from VC1 to VC3.
VC2 is already using VLANs in that range so we can't simply switch them
across.

I know about .1q tunnelling, what I don't know is how to remove the S-VLAN.
doesn't want to accept swap on a trunk interface (VC2 to VC3 is a trunk port).

Help?

Thanks

--
Mike Williams