[j-nsp] Segment Routing Real World Deployment (was: VPC mc-lag)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jul 10 06:33:11 EDT 2018

On 9/Jul/18 17:25, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> Well that really depends on the type of fault, let me explain:

All agreed.

My point was that if there is enough redundancy inside the core network
to deal with fibre failures that can keep iBGP sessions up, it will also
keep LDP sessions up, but most importantly, traffic will continue to flow.

The issue I have is when sessions remain up (because of high Keepalive
timers), but there is no actual data plane. This is why I am saying that
it would be remiss of us to give the community the impression that
session uptime is better than what happens at the transport level,
particularly where link redundancy may not be clear enough to abstract
the relationship between both.

Mark.