[j-nsp] Segment Routing Real World Deployment (was: VPC mc-lag)

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Jul 10 15:43:33 EDT 2018

> Of Mark Tinka
> Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:35 AM
> To: Pavel Lunin
> Cc: juniper-nsp
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Segment Routing Real World Deployment (was: VPC mc-
> lag)
>

> In our market (primarily Africa, and parts of Europe as end points),
customers
> that require point-to-point connectivity are divided into 2 categories;
those
> that are technically-astute, and those that only know enough to get what
> they want.
>
> The technical customers will be concerned about whether the transport is
> MPLS- or DWDM-based, whether it's Ethernet or SDH, how policing and
> queuing is done, e.t.c. The non-technical customers will just want a
scalable
> point-to-point service, across a medium that they can afford, which tends
> be Ethernet.
>
> Generally, customers interested in DWDM would be those that need
> anything over 10Gbps, or are the type that have a strong desire to run a
> "clean" backbone, even if that's not their core business.
>
> Customers that take our EoMPLS service have never been interested in
> whether it's provisioned via LDP, BGP, VPLS, EVPN, e.t.c. And this
includes a
> bunch of well-known global companies that know their IP/MPLS.
>
> Maybe it's just our side of the seas.

Yep same experience,

Although some of the customers (especially the big carriers) really knew
what they wanted and how they want it :)
So is the market still blooming the same way or has it saturated over time
please?

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::