[j-nsp] Segment Routing Real World Deployment (was: VPC mc-lag)

Jackson, William william.jackson at gibtele.com
Thu Jul 12 06:42:15 EDT 2018

So just to throw a question out there:

When I last looked at SR this was a big empty hole when it came to multicast.
As we are possibly removing mLDP and RSVP from the network in favour of SR(-TE) what are people doing to fill this void.

There were some drafts being worked on last year and if I recall one that seemed more "developed" was "Bit Index Explicit Replication", but I haven't heard anything more about this topic and it hasn't been mentioned in the thread so far.

Any comments?

Thanks