[j-nsp] Junos 17.3R3 reloads RE that releases mastership

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Mon Jul 30 10:39:33 EDT 2018

Hello juniper-nsp,

Installed new 17.3R3.9 for testing on the router acting as L2TP LNS and
encountered strange behavior right off the bat. When mastership is
switched between REs, the former master RE reloads right after it
releases it's mastership. Switchover itself goes smoothly, all protocols
survive, subscriber sessions stay online etc. So overall it's not
harmful but suspicious. Opened JTAC case but wondering if anybody
already seen this in any release or may be it's normal in 17.x train?
Before that JTAC told me that 17.3R3 is going to be a "golden release",
so I didn't expect to face a problem that's so obvious.

Kind regards,
Andrey