[j-nsp] Longest Match for LDP (RFC5283)

Krzysztof Szarkowicz kszarkowicz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:51:11 EDT 2018

> On 2018-Jul-30, at 17:13, James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 30 July 2018 at 15:22, Krzysztof Szarkowicz <kszarkowicz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> James,
>>
>> As mentioned in my earlier mail, you can use it even with DU. If ABR has
>> 10000 /32 LDP FECs, you can configure LDP export policy on ABR to send only
>> subset (e. g. 20 /32 FECs) to access.
>>
>> Saying that, typical deployment is with DoD, since typically access PEs (and
>> not ABRs) have better knowledge which loop backs are needed. So, basically
>> access PEs send the info to ABR, which loop backs are needed, and which loop
>> backs are not needed via LDP DoD machinery.
>
> Hi Kryzstof,
>
> This was exactly my point:

I have seen a deployment, where services were deployed via some centralized provisioning system. Part of the service provisioning was to adjust the LDP export policy on ABR, since LDP DU was used (some access PEs didn’t supported LDP DoD in that deployment). So, if you have some devices without LDP DoD support, your only choice is LDP DU + policies :-).