[j-nsp] VPN interface naming on MX platforms

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Fri Jun 15 12:36:12 EDT 2018

This is probably a noob question, but I can’t seem to find the answer in the Juniper docs.  On some MX routers where there are IPSec VPNs implemented, they use the sp-1/0/0 interface in the VPN, on other MX routers, they use the ms-0/2/0 interface.

I suspect the answer lies in the details of the cards installed in the router, but I sure can’t find the decoder ring on the web site.

Pointers appreciated, cluebats accepted.

—Chris