[j-nsp] linecards won't come up - MX240

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Jun 21 15:13:34 EDT 2018

Seeing this in my lab. any idea how to fix these cards to come online ?

It was working fine for a while. but a couple weeks ago, I think after I did
a "request system zeroize" it is now showing this weird behavior.

Any ideas ?

root at lab-mx-240> show chassis fpc

                     Temp  CPU Utilization (%)   CPU Utilization (%)  Memory
Utilization (%)

Slot State            (C)  Total  Interrupt      1min   5min   15min  DRAM
(MB) Heap     Buffer

  0  Empty

  1  Offline         ---Unresponsive---

  2  Offline         ---Unresponsive---

root at lab-mx-240> show chassis fpc pic-status

Slot 1   Offline      MPC Type 2 3D

Slot 2   Offline      MS-MPC

root at lab-mx-240> request chassis fpc slot 1 online

Online initiated, use "show chassis fpc" to verify

root at lab-mx-240> show chassis fpc

                     Temp  CPU Utilization (%)   CPU Utilization (%)  Memory
Utilization (%)

Slot State            (C)  Total  Interrupt      1min   5min   15min  DRAM
(MB) Heap     Buffer

  0  Empty

  1  Present          Testing

  2  Offline         ---Unresponsive---

root at lab-mx-240> show chassis fpc

                     Temp  CPU Utilization (%)   CPU Utilization (%)  Memory
Utilization (%)

Slot State            (C)  Total  Interrupt      1min   5min   15min  DRAM
(MB) Heap     Buffer

  0  Empty

  1  Present           27

  2  Offline         ---Unresponsive---

root at lab-mx-240> show chassis fpc pic-status

Slot 1   Present      MPC Type 2 3D

Slot 2   Offline      MS-MPC

root at lab-mx-240> show chassis fpc pic-status

Slot 1   Offline      MPC Type 2 3D

Slot 2   Offline      MS-MPC

root at lab-mx-240> show chassis fpc

                     Temp  CPU Utilization (%)   CPU Utilization (%)  Memory
Utilization (%)

Slot State            (C)  Total  Interrupt      1min   5min   15min  DRAM
(MB) Heap     Buffer

  0  Empty

  1  Offline         ---Unresponsive---

  2  Offline         ---Unresponsive---