[j-nsp] Spine & leaf

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Jun 25 12:04:29 EDT 2018

I'm not sure of the overall context of the question but I will say that, over the last decade at least, BGP in general has evolved into the multiprotocol/multi-address family mechanism for doing many things of virtual networking internal to an SP network and even some, what I would call, progressive enterprise networks.

An IGP like Ospf is definitely still used "underneath" those SP/ENT clouds in what would be known as the core network

Aaron