[j-nsp] Spine & leaf

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jun 26 06:57:05 EDT 2018

On 25/Jun/18 17:50, Chris Boyd wrote:

> Other than the administrative controls of mature route filtering tools in BGP, I’m curious why people choose BGP over OSPF for route injection.

For our Anycast DNS, we actually use OSPF (Quagga) on FreeBSD, upstream
those to a router, and then redistribute them into IS-IS (since that's
what we run for our core).

Personally, I find the use of an IGP for this kind of thing easier than
BGP, as those IGP routes are all internal, and are covered by the BGP
aggregate we send out to the world.

Of course, unlike Joel and the rest, I don't run a large farm of
servers, so I may not be immediately seeing the value of going with BGP.

Mark.