[j-nsp] Router for full routes

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jun 27 09:18:04 EDT 2018

On 27/Jun/18 15:10, Dovid Bender wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In my 9-5 I work for an ITSP where we have two MX5's with
> - iBGP
> - two up steams with two BGP sessions each (one per routes)
> - one upstream with one bgp session
> - one bgp session where we get minimal routes (maybe 15 total)
>
> I was told that convergence time on the MX5 would be horrible so we never
> tried full routes. I am wondering what's the "lowest" model that can
> support full routes without having an issue re-sorting the routes.

The MX80 has only 2GB of RAM. We have discontinued all our MX80 routers
over the past 12 months as the full table was causing them to lock-up
and reboot.

The MX104 has 4GB of RAM, so you have more headroom. But the CPU is just
as bad as in the MX80.

At this stage, I'd say the cheapest MX router you should go for that is
decent is the MX204.

Mark.