[j-nsp] Spine & leaf

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Jun 27 18:23:24 EDT 2018

> Of David Sinn
> Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:38 PM
> To: Payam Chychi
> Cc: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net; bellman at nsc.liu.se
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Spine & leaf
>
> Highly doubt that the network you reference is lager then the ones I'm
> referring to.  OSPF scales well to many multiples of 1000's of devices.
>
> David
>
> > On Jun 25, 2018, at 2:04 PM, Payam Chychi <pchychi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Not sure if I agree with this, this (ospf) certainly would not scale
> > in my network. the point being, different use cases, different
> > environments. Always design your network to allow for forward
> > progression else you will be wasting more time and dealing with more
> > problems

Makes me thing, if your servers participate in the DC L3 domain (IGP) as
VTEPs or vPEs then things can escalate quickly.
What is a FIB limit on a typical DC leaf switch? I guess 128k?
Sure 128k and far beyond is not a problem for an MX960 or ASR9k,  -but just
wondering how would a typical DC leaf switch cope with ~128k prefixes in
OSPF.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::