[j-nsp] BGP VPLS MTU for pseudowires

Dejan Jaksic dejan.jaksic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 03:17:35 EST 2018

Hi all,

we are testing interop for L2VPN VPLS BGP AD + signaling between Cisco
ASR9k and Juniper MX.
We cannot make pseudowire between Juniper and Cisco UP unless we ignore MTU
mismatch, othervise during BGP signaling it states MTU mismatch error and
PW stays down.
When we use ignore mtu mismatch pseudowire goes up but under Cisco l2vpn it
states 1500 bytes on Cisco and "unknown" on Juniper side.
Looking at Juniper lsi interface under vpls connection for MTU it states
"unlimited".
Question - how to set up MTU for PWE on Juniper without ignore mtu to have
VPLS PW up between Cisco and Juniper VPLS?

Thanks,
Dejan