[j-nsp] DDoS to core interface - mitigation

Mark Tees marktees at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 19:31:54 EST 2018

Do you mean the prefix that those PTP subnets were in was not advertised
globally?

So, those customers couldn’t use their side of the PTP link for internet’s?

My problem is I can easily iACL stuff for core interfaces and loopbacks
because I have moved that all to specific blocks but for PE-CE internet
customers PTP subnets, the PE side is always an attack surface unless we
have autogen ACL on every interface with automation? Unless I’m missing a
way to deal with this?

On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 at 01:39, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:

> On 9 March 2018 at 16:35,  <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:
>

> > Regarding point b)
> > That one might be cumbersome as IP for CE-PE links in the Internet VRF
> are
> > usually allocated from either your own public address space (so you'd
> have
> > to fragment it and not advertising block used for PE-CE links -creating
> more
> > state in GRT) or come from PI space which you don't have control over yet
> > it's part of your infrastructure.
>
> In one shop I did /31 or /30 links customer or our pool, but we never
> advertised the connected networks. If far-end for some reason needed
> routed linknetwork, after we tried to demotivate, we crated /32 static
> route for it. So we still didn't have that address as attack surface
> on the PE from outside the PE.
>

> --
>   ++ytti

Regards,