[j-nsp] Ansible juniper_junos -add license module?

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Wed Mar 28 11:45:42 EDT 2018

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com writes:
>The problem is I need to hit enter after the license is passed and then also
>^D (ctrl+D) at the end and I'm not sure how would I go about doing that in
>junos_command.

Not sure why these aren't documented but the functionality is there.
Here's the JUNOS DDL (think "YANG"):

            command add-license {
                help "Add license keys from file, local or from server";
                action acceptable mgd mgd_is_product_licensed;
                action execute mgd mgd_add_license_mgd;
                xml-name request-license-add;
                odl-tag add-license-results;
                argument source {
                    help "URL of source license key file";
                    type string;
                }
                argument key-data {
                    help "License key data";
                    type string;
                }
            }
            command save-license {
                help "Save license keys to file, local or to server";
                action acceptable mgd mgd_is_product_licensed;
                xml-name request-license-save;
                odl-tag none;
                action execute mgd mgd_save_license_mgd;
                argument destination {
                    help "URL of destination license key file";
                    type string;
                }
            }

The "xml-name" statement gives the name of the RPC used to access
this command, which means the <request-license-add> RPC adds a
license from either a <source> URL or a <key-data> string, and the
<request-license-save> exports license data to a <destination> URL.

In SLAX, that looks something like:

    var $rpc = <request-license-add> {
        <key-data> $my-data;
    }