[j-nsp] BGP EVPN, VXLAN and ECMP

Nikolas Geyer nik at neko.id.au
Wed Mar 28 22:08:51 EDT 2018

A quick word of caution, if you use third party optics be very careful moving to Junos 17. We have found a bunch of ours unusable in Junos 17 and while our account team has been fantastic in trying to find out what’s changed in the code the official response has been “non Juniper optic, go away” and we literally run hundreds if not thousands of the QFX5ks which has put us in a difficult position.

That said, I was recently doing QFX5100 testing of VXLAN on various trains from Junos 14 through Junos 16 (17 bombed out due to above mentioned optic issue) and cant recall a problem with ECMP. I’ll pull the configs in the morning and send them through off list.

As someone else has mentioned are you sure you have per-packet load balancing policy exported in forwarding-options for all protocols?

Sent from my iPhone