[j-nsp] Equipment Labelling

Jackson, William william.jackson at gibtele.com
Thu May 3 04:13:06 EDT 2018

Hi

I have noticed that with more modern pieces of equipment, such as qfx switches, that there is very little real estate to place tags/labels to identify the equipment.

We have multiple qfx switches stacked in a rack and they have different uses ( IP Fabric, Fusion Satellites ).  At the moment we are having to provide either rack elevation diagrams or flash the location LED just so remote hands can identify the unit, as they all look the same.

What are other people doing for equipment that has no front or rear space to place a label?

Many thanks