[j-nsp] More power questions

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri May 11 18:20:04 EDT 2018

You don't need to use the original power cords.  IEC 60320 is the
standard for power connectors.  You want an IEC 60320 C19 to C20 cord
and a PDU with C19 outlets on it to accept the C20 end of the cord:


On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 03:15:13PM -0700, mike+jnsp at willitsonline.com wrote:
> Hi,
>     So I want to connect an MX240 and some other gear in a single cabinet at
> 208V. The group has convinced me this can work in general. I am now trying
> to find a rack mounted or Zero-U type metered 208V PDU but I am having a
> hell of a time finding one for this application. The power cords on the
> juniper are the 6-20 type (one ground, one horizontal blade, and one
> vertical blade), and I can't seem to find any PDU that have that as outlet
> styles. I do find some that have the 'C20' type, which is what the juniper
> has for an input at the power supply side of things. Im just trying to
> understand... is the deal that I now have to order different power cords and
> try to find some commonality between them all? My other gear is likely to be
> like ASR920 or somesuch and I am  totally confused how this could or should
> all be working. Someone out there can help me I hope..
> Mike-

More information about the juniper-nsp mailing list