[j-nsp] MX204

Giuliano C. Medalha giuliano at wztech.com.br
Mon May 14 19:33:41 EDT 2018

People,

MX204 is a very good choice.

We are using it in some clients.

We are using as border BGP, P router (2 x 100 + 2 x 100), PE router in metro (together with INFINERA DCI) and BNG.

For BNG we have some clients with 12k users dual stack.  We have done some tests using IXIA putting 32K users dual stack.

For BGP is pretty amazing considering control plane ... very fast convergence with turbo FIB

17.4R1 is good until now ... no problems related yet.

Using flow together and works fine ...

There is a lot of interfaces templates:

3 x 100G + 8 x 10G
4 x 100G
2 x 100G + 2 x 40G + 8 x 10G

Lots of options.

50M rib and 10M FIB

Very very good option for any part of your backbone.

But ... you will need an option for redundancy ... backup router or 2 routers per sites.

Very good option anyway.

Att,

Giuliano