[j-nsp] Managing large route-filter-lists

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Mon May 21 14:51:36 EDT 2018

We switched this over to using ephemeral configs:
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/ephemeral-configuration-database-overview.html

This seems to have dramatically reduced configuration time (at the
expense of being slightly less clear).

It also has the bonus that our IRR filters no longer show up in the main
configuration, and 'show | compare' is back to being fast again.

The downside seems to be that these can blow up the router somehow...
there's a big warning about it in the py-ez code:
https://github.com/Juniper/py-junos-eznc/blob/master/lib/jnpr/junos/utils/config.py#L750