[j-nsp] router reflector clients and non-clients

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Wed May 30 03:40:21 EDT 2018

sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> > > However the RR concept is quite flexible, a RR itself can be a client of
> > > another RR ( hierarchically or at peer level)
> >
> > No, I'm not talking about hierarchy. Let's consider a setup with two
> > redundant RRs in the same cluster. They are certainly not each other's
> > clients, but they must have a session between them, and an identical
> > client-id on both. How would you configure this?
>
> You normally don't. Each RR in its own cluster has been best practice
> for quite a while.

Last time I studied Cisco BGP in December, it still was the
recommended way in the books. If the new best practice is documented
somewhere, I would be grateful for a link.

And second, even if what I'm trying to do is old-fashioned, how do I
do it on Junos if I still wish to?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
AS43859