[j-nsp] inline jflow/srrd memory use/size

Darrell Budic darrell.budic at newcontinuum.net
Thu May 31 14:40:58 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I’m trying to do inline jflow on my mx-104s, and the inline part is working fine. But it seems to use a lot of memory, to the extent that i think it’s leaking. I’d encountered PR1180158 when running 15.1R6, so I’m trying it on one router with 17.4R1-16 I’m not seeing the route delete failed errors in the logs, but SRRD still grows in memory use.

So, questions:

How much memory should I expect srrd to use? Should it be related to the route table size, the # of flows, or something?

Is there any way to limit what it can use or have it auto-restart at some point?

Other recommendations for making this work? What info could I provide to help figure out what’s up here?

Thanks!

  -Darrell