[j-nsp] DHCP Client subscriber management

Matthew Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Thu Nov 29 12:41:02 EST 2018

Hello,

  I currently have 4 MX480s (RE-S-2X00x6) running my core network and I’m looking to manage about 20k FTTH residential subscribers.  The customers are running DHCP clients (Calix ONT, Netgear residential router).   What are my options for managing each DHCP request in JunOS would the subscriber management feature set help?   On my old Redback gear I could do Client Less IP.  I want to be able to support v4 (I have enough v4 for 20k subs) and v6.   Customers will be groomed into multiple 10G interfaces over VLANs.

The MX480s REs have spare CPU cores and RAM,  not sure if I could run another VM on the RE to support customer management.  I’m also looking at getting a couple new MX204s to support the subscribers and leave my MX480s to core MPLS/BGP router work

Thanks

-Matt