[j-nsp] Use cases for IntServ in MPLS backbones

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Oct 2 08:49:51 EDT 2018

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 15:36, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> In order to do UHP, a network has to run MPLS, and support it up to final edge where IP/MPLS services are delivered. I know dozens of networks that will never run MPLS as a matter of principle, and these are not small networks on a global scale, by any means.

No is saying you must do that. What I'm trying to say, if you already
do overlay QoS, then retaining DSCP should be best practice. If you
cannot do overlay QoS, then of course you must reset.

But just because there are some bad apples who can't configure their
network, doesn't mean we need to reset for everyone, reset it for them
at egress, not at ingress.

--
  ++ytti