[j-nsp] BFD Distributed Mode for IPv6

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Tue Oct 2 17:42:06 EDT 2018

 ❦  2 octobre 2018 23:07 +0200, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu>:

>> Dunno with IS-IS, but with BGP, BFD is advertised as control plane
>> independent when using public IPv6 addresses. However, I've just noticed
>> that when using an IRB, BFD is handled by the control plane, both for
>> IPv6 and IPv4.
>
> It's clear that whether the BFD session is run in the PFE or the RE has
> a lot to do with how it was learned.

I am unsure if say that about ISIS vs BGP or about the difference
with/without an IRB. If the later, in both cases, it was learnt from a
BGP session. The only difference between the two setups is the local IP
of the BGP session is on an IRB interface.
--
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what
you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.