[j-nsp] BFD Distributed Mode for IPv6

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Oct 3 09:37:30 EDT 2018

Yes you're right the main purpose is link failure detection,

I've been wondering for quite some time why vendors don’t allow us to configure BFD as a standalone protocol very much like any other IGP protocol and instead insist on doing that themselves automatically under the hood.

I imagine the following:
set protocols bfd interface xe-0/0/0 family inet source-address x.x.x.x
set protocols bfd interface xe-0/0/0 family inet mode echo
set protocols bfd interface xe-0/0/0 family inet minimum-interval xx
set protocols bfd interface xe-0/0/0 family inet multiplier x
set protocols bfd interface xe-0/0/1 family inet source-address x.x.x.x
set protocols bfd interface xe-0/0/1 family inet mode echo
set protocols bfd interface xe-0/0/1 family inet minimum-interval xx
set protocols bfd interface xe-0/0/1 family inet multiplier x

set interfaces xe-0/0/0 gigether-options 802.3ad ae0
set interfaces xe-0/0/1 gigether-options 802.3ad ae0
set interfaces ae0 aggregated-ether-options lacp bfd-liveness-detection

set protocols isis interface ae0.0 bfd-liveness-detection
set protocols ospf interface ae0.0 bfd-liveness-detection
set protocols ldp interface ae0.0 bfd-liveness-detection

adam