[j-nsp] Juniper MPC2E-3D-NG-R-B vs MPC2E-3D-R-B

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Oct 20 04:35:53 EDT 2018

Hey Rolf,

No that's not it, that's difference between Q and non Q card. All
three generations had HQoS support:

1) MPC   (Trio 1.0)
2) MPCE
3) MPCE--NG

I'm not sure about difference, MPCE I believe got better oscillator
for timing and I think more linecard cpu dram for higher subscriber
scale. I don't know what NG got.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were also respins with newer Trio, as
cost reduction (E==1.5? NG==2.0?).

I'd also love to have definitive answer of changelog between each generation.
On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 22:34, "Rolf Hanßen" <nsp at rhanssen.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as far as I see the feature difference is HQoS:
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/mpc-mx-series-mpc2e-features.html
>
> regards
> Rolf
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me the differences in scaling or features of the
> > MPC2E-3D-NG-R-B vs MPC2E-3D-R-B.   I know the NG requires an SBCE2.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kevin

  ++ytti