[j-nsp] Configuration database stuck with mgd crashing

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Sat Sep 1 14:28:01 EDT 2018

Aaron Gould writes:
>Maybe "commit full"

"commit full" helps when daemons miss config changes (which they
shouldn't) or if you just want to say "because I said so", but it
needs a functioning database, provided by MGD.  In this case, MGD
has corrupted the database (due to a software bug) and the assert
means that it's unable to do anything useful with the database since
it's corrupted and cannot be trusted.  "mgd -I" is the "nuke the
entire site from orbit" option.  It rebuilds the schema and the
database from scratch and reloads the entire contents.  It's the
only way to be sure.

Thanks,
 Phil