[j-nsp] "set routing-options protect core" breaks local-preference

Ivan Malyarchuk malyarchuk at cyfra.ua
Mon Sep 10 15:55:52 EDT 2018

Hi. We also find something wrong with "protect core".
Seems like Junos 18.1 and 18.2 (running on MX204 in our case) makes one #Multipath  equal-cost group with ALL paths except one worst AND one with worst path - as backup.

I think it must create  #Multipath forwarding-only route with one best (active, with weight of nexthop 0x1, find in detail output) and one "second best" path as backup (with weight 0x4000). However I cant find any public PR or Known Issues references in 18.x release notes nor in prsearch.