[j-nsp] deleting ntp server from config, perhaps a bug?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Sep 27 10:57:43 EDT 2018

> On Sep 27, 2018, at 10:51 AM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 16:21, Chris Morrow <morrowc at ops-netman.net> wrote:
>
>> there's (of course) the 'you should always deploy a full config' crew, but...
>
> Reporting for duty.

The ability of routers to use DNS for service names is getting to be more of a soft-requirement => hard requirement these days.  I may want to configure a DNS name for my BMP/KFAFKA magic and have it fail over if we renumber the machine (for example).

Cisco/Juniper require IPs for the NTP configuration, and if you type in something like a NTP pool name/label it will resolve it and store that in the config vs follow based on the pool measurement/accuracy over time.

- Jared