[j-nsp] deleting ntp server from config, perhaps a bug?

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Thu Sep 27 14:46:50 EDT 2018

Drew Weaver writes:
>I added 0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org, 2.pool.ntp.org, 3.pool.ntp.org to system ntp on an MX80 running JunOS 15.

I am unable to reproduce this, and it's pretty basic ui functionality,
so I'm a bit puzzled.  I'll keep looking but are you seeing this
broken behavior anywhere else in the config?  Can I get the specific
version number?

Is this a lab box?  If so, can you copy your database files
(/var/db/j*) to a backup location and run "mgd -I" (from the shell)
to rebuild it?  If that succeeds, open a support case with JTAC and
give them both the backup and rebuilt files and we can take a look
and see what failed.

Sorry I don't have a better answer at this point, but this ability
to delete specific statements is a core piece of ui functionality
and I can explain its failure.  Hopefully the data files will show
us.

Thanks,
 Phil