[j-nsp] IS-IS POI

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Fri Sep 28 11:00:09 EDT 2018

I support a multi-vendor network with Cisco, Nokia SROS, and Juniper routers.  We've had several incidents with ISIS purge messages that were very difficult to isolate.  Every router needs to support the ISIS POI TLV if you want to isolate the source of the ISIS purge messages which is difficult in a multi-vendor network.  The cause of the ISIS purge messages was faulty hardware that was corrupting the ISIS LSP packets.