[j-nsp] EVPN-VXLAN: Mixing QFX and EX

Richard McGovern rmcgovern at juniper.net
Tue Apr 16 19:30:03 EDT 2019

Correction - QFX5110 can now route VLAN/IP to VNI via this configuration:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/evpn-vxlan-qfx5110-l2-vxlan-l3-logical.html

I was no aware this information had been put out there.  Min SW would be 17.3R3, but 18.1R3-S[latest, now 4] would be recommended.

Please also note this functionality is not yet 100% supported as a Border Leaf for EVPN/VXLAN, so full "support" may not be yet available, despite the documentation.  I think this may be major reason this support has not yet been announced.  At least as far as I know, outside of this one link, I believe this is not announced or documented anywhere else.

Today I am using only 10K or MX as Border Leaf.

FYI

Richard McGovern
Sr Sales Engineer, Juniper Networks
978-618-3342